It appears you don't have PDF support in this web browser. Download PDF
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is copyrighted to Hasbro and DHX Media. This game is a free fan-made creation that is neither endorsed by Hasbro nor intended to infringe on their rights. Please support the official release.
To see the PC character sheets, follow the link below:
For additional monster and character stats, see Alternate Characters and Monsters:
The preview image consists of public domain pictures obtained from Wikimedia Commons.
New to the 4th edition: Wow, forgive me for bragging, but I have really outdone myself with this update. Many elements of the game has been rebalanced or heavily edited, some new rules and features have been added, several mistakes have been corrected, and overall, I feel have a much more solid game now than when I long since started. The list below is only a small sampling of the changes and improvements I’ve made this game. If you haven't played my game yet, now is the best time to do it.
* I can’t believe it took me so long to realize a major mistake I’d made with the armor. You see, in previous editions, I had given PCs the option to wear armor made of leather and dragon hide. But as I was writing the fourth edition, it suddenly occurred to me that ponies, who are vegetarians, probably would object to the idea of wearing leather. Oops! I derped. So I’ve redesigned padded armor so that it supersedes leather armor, I’ve deleted dragon hide armor from the list, and readjusted the stats of all the other armor to compensate.
* For ranged weapons and spells “5 feet per Agility/Mentation” used to be the standard range. Now, almost all ranged weapons and spells have a range of “10 feet per Agility/Mentation.”
* The Telekinetic Spear feat has been deleted. New feats have been put in such as Telekinetic Crush, Magical Energy Beams, and Magical Energy Rays to replace it.
* Characters from Daring Do’s adventures (including Ahuizotl, his henchmen cats, Talicon warriors, and Daring Do) have been removed from Alternate Version Characters and have been placed in the actual list of canon characters in this book
* The Talk to Animals feat has been deleted. If a PC wants to be able to talk to animals, they must learn the Faunal language by obtaining a level in the Linguistics skill. The Magic Surge feat has been deleted and replaced with the Quicken Spell.
* For those of you who want to play as a thief or as a bard, I’ve made some changes to feats essential to those classes. The Bard Songs feat has been edited so that bards no longer have to roll the dice just to successfully play a song. I also edited the instructions to the Sneak Attack feat and the Stealth skill so they’re clearer.
* Under character creation, starting skill points, Aptitude points, and HP has been rebalanced for alicorn level characters so it is fairer to adult and foal level characters.
On page 49 under Magical Spells, I mentioned that "spells are obtained with skill points like any ordinary skill," meaning you obtain spells in the same way you obtain skills; you spend skill points in the spell you want so you can obtain a spell level to use it (see page 78 under Step 7: Pick Skills). There are plenty of character stats later in the book as well as example character sheets published separately on my account to give you some examples.
On page 51, there's a whole section on spell points which explains that "each spell only gets one spell point per spell level" and "this allotment of spell points is replenished after a full night’s sleep." What that means is that the number of spell points is equal to the spell level and the spell points are only restored after sleeping overnight. The section also explains that a unicorn can only use the spell points for the spell it is applied for unless the unicorn has the Spell Pool feat.
On page 50 under Spell Stat Descriptions, it goes into detail about how to read the stats for the spells and it also clarifies that all rudimentary spells don't require spending spell points to use while advanced spells require spending at least one spell point to use.
To the right, you should see an icon marked "Download File." Click it and you should be taken to a fully viewable version of the game's instructions. At the bottom, you should see a tool bar, and I think one of the buttons will enable you to download this book. If that doesn't work, then I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't know how to distribute this game on anything other than through DeviantArt.
I kind of like having a MLP:FIM rpg to expand on Equestria and see if there are any other nations like Equestria (may not having a goddess as a queen but still). Adding some other areas of the world with other cultures and attitudes may be interesting... just a thought.
And could you add Prince Blueblood to the NPCs?
As for Prince Blue Blood, I do apologize if there any characters you wanted that aren't in the game. I didn't want to include background characters or one shots unless they were popular (Derpy and Trixie) or represented a race other than ponies (Gilda and Little Strongheart). In time, I might make expansions or additions to this game which may include Blue Blood. In the mean time, you can still make your own character stats.
In fact, when reading an NPC stat, that's the first thing I look for (or, in some cases, one of the first things).
Still, I guess I could include them in my own downloaded copy if you don't want to.